The realities of modern equine management may result in challenges to the metabolic processes of the horse. Identifying early signs of these challenges and responding with management suggestions and nutritional support is critical for the overall health of the horse.
Equine Metabolic Support includes a variety of whole food and other ingredients that may promote healthy metabolic processes of the horse by:
- Promoting healthy glucose metabolism
- Supporting healthy insulin function
- Providing plant-based ingredients that may promote antioxidant activity
Indications for Use
- Horses struggling with excess weight or fat deposits, especially on the rump or neck
- Horses who exhibit seasonal pasture sensitivities
- Horses struggling with changing insulin levels
Licorice root, cinnamon, cayenne (chili powder)†, buckwheat flour, green tea extract, chromium, and vanadium
†This ingredient could be considered a controlled substance by certain entities that govern equine competitions. We advise those who feed any supplement to competing horses to check with the governing body specific to the event regarding whether the product contains ingredients that could be considered a controlled substance.
- Start slowly by mixing a small amount of powder into the feed.
- Add the powder to the feed and dampen with water. (Spray bottles can be helpful.) Shake the container to mix the powder with the feed. This will also prevent the powder from settling in the bottom of the feeding container.
- Mix with unsweetened applesauce and add to the horse’s feed or syringe directly into the horse’s mouth.
- Add to a mash made of commonly found low-starch pelleted feeds or soaked hay cubes.
Suggested Use: ¼ cup (37 g) per 1,000 lb. horse per day, or as directed. 30-day supply. Enclosed scoop holds ¼ cup.
Caution: For equine use only. Keep out of reach of children.
Nutrients & Ingredients
Each Serving Size (1/4 cup) contains: Organic buckwheat flour, organic carrot, cinnamon, licorice (root), green tea (leaf) extract, organic cayenne pepper (Capsicum annuum), chromium yeast, and vanadium chelate (rice and soy).
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.